2006 FIFA World Cup
Starting a career with any team
Use the following trick to start a career with any team, instead of having to buy all the career teams. At the main menu, select “Team Management”, then “Edit Player”. Choose any team and begin to edit their players up to a rating of 78. You can leave some players with an overall rating of 83, but try to keep most players at a rating of 78. You can edit almost all, if not all, of your team’s players, Then, go to Career mode and your team should be available. Also because your overall rating is 78, your players will not ask for a higher salary and you can always keep that team, unlike just swapping the starting eleven’s for the subs (even if you can choose that team, you will lose a lot of salary and eventually be fired). Do not worry about your players having an overall rating of 78. If you keep winning, your players will almost go back to their original overall stats. Also, go to “Club Transfers” and take some players you do not need or like. This will also make your players ask for less salary, because you will have less players.
Win the World Cup with an African team to unlock the All-African team.
Win the World Cup with an American team to unlock the All-American team.
Win the World Cup with an Asian team to unlock the All-Asian team.
Win the World Cup with a European team to unlock the All-European team.
Win the World Cup with an African, American, Asian, and European team to unlock the All-World team.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points (1,000 total possible points):
- Qualify for the World Cup (50 points): Qualify for the World Cup in 2006 FIFA World Cup mode.
- Beat the Host Nation (50 points): Defeat Germany in a full match.
- Complete a Scenario (150 points): Successfully complete any challenge in Global Challenge mode.
- Complete all Scenarios (250 points): Successfully complete all the challenges in Global Challenge mode.
- Win the World Cup (500 points): Win the World Cup in 2006 FIFA World Cup mode.